Related Books

Notre-Dame-de-l'Osier / Our Lady of the Reed (Les Plantees, France

Commemorated on March 25
Notre-Dame-de-l'Osier / Our Lady of the Reed (Les Plantees, France
On Thursday, March 25, 1649 (day of the Annunciation), Pierre Port-Combet, goes carve its armariniers (osier). Suddenly he was covered in blood but apparently it did not hurt. He realizes that the blood flows wicker branches he has just cut. The news spread in the region; this mystery attracts many people who come to see the miraculous wicker, become a source of devotion.
 
In 1657, this same Pierre Port-Combet plows his field when a beautiful lady appears. It asks him to change his life and leave his Protestant state for the Catholic. This encounter leads to conversion of peasant to the end of his life, convinced that he saw the Virgin who gave him grace.
 
At the time, the hamlet Planted has twenty inhabitants.
 
The appearance of the Virgin in 1657 is peddled well beyond the borders of the Dauphiné and made of wicker a stamping ground. Miracles follow one another to the rhythm of pilgrimages.
 
The village has been initially occupied by the priests of the church unworthy behavior. They will remain in the history of the "bandits of Ozier" (with z at the time). They were happily replaced by the Augustinians came from Vinay then by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, until 1997 date of departure of the priests will still reigned 350 years in the service of "sanctuary". These three and a half centuries of cohabitation have left traces among them the change of name changes from "planted" at Notre-Dame-de-l'Osier referring to both the Virgin and bloodied wicker.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame-de-l%27Osier

Approval

The first stone of the church of Notre-Dame de l'Osier is asked May 17, 1858 and its construction will last 10 years, according to the plans of Alfred Berruyer. Inaugurated in 1868, it is dedicated September 8, 1873 in the presence of the Bishop of Grenoble and became a minor basilica by decree of Pope Pius XI in 1924 3.
 
It will never be completely finished and will remain without the arrows of its pinnacles and without the bell which, to his right, had to bear the bells. Prints and central window of the choir illustrate what it should have been 4.
 
Inside are a relic of the bloody pieces of wicker and the plow of Peter.

 Source: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame-de-l%27Osier

Shrines

Resources

Additional information