Strict Standards: Declaration of McalendarControllerMCalendar::display() should be compatible with McalendarController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 86

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 23

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 25

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 26

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/models/shrines.php on line 17

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/views/detail/tmpl/default.php on line 21

Related Books

Madonna della Bassa (Our Lady of the Lower) , Rubiana, Torino, Piedmont, Italy

Commemorated on August 18, August 20
Madonna della Bassa (Our Lady of the Lower) , Rubiana, Torino, Piedmont, Italy
On dividing ridge between the towns of Val della Torre and Rubiana, in the province of Turin, lies the shrine dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows, Our Lady of the Low (mt.1152). 
 
His story, handed down to us in detail by Canon Colombero , began August 18, 1713 when a certain Lorenzo Nicol broke his leg in an area called the Lower and, turning to Mary, vowed to build a pylon there. 
Immediately healed by divine intervention, the Nicol was able to return to the country and, as often happens, he forgot the promise. 
 
On August 20 of the following year, working in the same locality, Lorenzo Nicol was affected by the same disaster. Repented of his past behavior, he prayed to the Virgin Mary because, once again, came to his aid. Our Lady answer the prayers of our workers and allowed him to reach his home. The Nicol no longer disregarded the vow. He built a pylon which formed the origin of the sanctuary and placed in it a statue of the Virgin Mary still worshiped there. 
 
The source from which the Colombero took the news about what happened to Lorenzo Nicol in those years, dating back to a script left by the theologian Joseph Bertolo of Mompellato in which the author comments on the fact exceptional. The local people, became aware of the miraculous event, wanted to build a Lower chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows, which replaced the shrine, and where he celebrated his first Mass in 1721. 
 
In the following years the building was enlarged to reach the current structure consists of a building, used as a shelter for pilgrims, and the real church consists of three naves, one of which is located in the Municipality of Val della Torre while insist on remaining estate of Rubiana. Permits for use of municipal land were granted, and communicated via two letters of concession in 1879, by then Mayor of Val della Torre, Sig.Chiaberge, Sig.Presidente to the Shrine of the Low.
 
LETTERS OF GRANT OF 1879
 
Val della Torre, June 16, 1879. 
 
The Mayor signed pregiasi notified to the President of the Shrine of Low, does not disagree that this City Council to grant the site of which is required by the Administration grant of innkeeper Val della Torre, the two holidays, the enjoyment of two bedrooms or sheds for the exercise of the profession. 
 
f.to the Mayor: Chiaberge 
 
(E 'curious reference to the use by the accommodation premises for the exercise of the profession. Already at that time the trade was important also in our country).
 
***
 
Val della Torre, July 25, 1879. 
 
The Mayor signed it means to Mr. President of the Lower City Council that allows the passage of the procession on the territory of the City, just want the square to be formed was also extended to the front of the Shrine itself in its length, which would also give greater relief to the shrine itself. 
 
f.to the Mayor: Chiaberge 
 
(He mentions in this letter to the procession (in dissolution of vow) on the second day of Pentecost. Voting refers to 1854, in that year the parishioners did in order to get (as it was) liberation from disease cholera).
 
Since those early years is celebrated in the month of May, the "Procession of the vote" to commemorate the miraculous event which was subject Lorenzo Nicol. 
 
The binding of valtorresi with Our Lady of Lower has always been very sensitive and, in communion with the neighbors Mompellato, were and are celebrated two annual festivals coincide with the first Sunday after August 15th (Feast of the sanctuary) and the third Sunday September (liturgical Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows). Over the years, the devotion to Our Lady of Lower taken more and more importance and still keeps the traditional gathering of the faithful in celebrations of thanksgiving.
 
***
 
The Canon Colombero , drawing information from the script of the Theologian Bertolo, there briefs, with a wealth of case, the facts that led to the construction of the shrine of Lower.
He, in his book "The Sanctuary of Maria SS. In Piedmont "on page 296, he writes: 
 
"In the early years of the eighteenth century such Nicol, farmer of those parts while he was there engaged in strenuous work, he accidentally broke a leg. He was alone, not iscorgeva of around living person, and to arrive at some house you had to walk at least an hour. But how do you, while the leg was not able to handle it? It sits in full-throated scream and beg relief, but the wrath of the wind dispersed the cries and complaints. 
Lying on the ground was about to give in to despair, when flashed to mind a healthy thought. 
He turned his heart to the Queen of Heaven, and promised to costrurre a pylon if there was enabled to reach home. After a few moments he felt invigorated, he had strength to go home, and soon found himself perfectly cured. 
Happy healing, as did the sailors who only remember God at the time of the sinking. No longer thought to keep the promise he made to the Virgin Mary. And then the year after, finding work in the same place, he was struck by the same misfortune, had a broken leg. Then recognize and sincerely deplored his phallus, and implored relief to the SS. Virgin, renewing the vote. 
Healed, he kept the word this time, built the pylon, and there he put a statue of the Heavenly Mother, the same that still worships there. 
Divulgatasi it was born in the inhabitants of Mompellato the same desire to produce therein a chapel, and I set about not stunned by the very serious difficulties to the high site. The whole village took part, he landed the pylon and the chapel was on, and in 1721 there was able to celebrate his first Mass. 
Neither stopped here: you costrusse later a building, which was later enlarged, is capable of more than thousands of people, and on several occasions was enlarged and decorated the church. 
The Shrine of Lower now has three naves, one of which belongs to the territory of Val della Torre and the Environment and the Archdiocese of Turin, having been-constructed around 1865 on this side of the watershed, and on land already owned by the Municipality of Val Tower, while the nave and in the cornu Evangelii arise on the territory of Rubiana, and therefore belong to the district and the Diocese of Susa. "
 
Lorenzo Nicol died at ninety September 30, 1765 and his death certificate, reported by Theologian Cav. P. Prato, reads as follows: 
 
"Laurentius Nicol, nonagenarius, here primum Capellam Vugo dictam de Baja construxit, piissimeque nostrae Mariae Matris devotionem, quoad vixit, strenuous propagavit, tribus Ecclesiae refectus sacramentis in osculo defunctus east Domino day 30 Septembris 1765." 
 
From what is written we learn that Nicol was the first builder of the chapel of Lower, and great devotion to our Mother Mary, who lived up to, a staunch propagator of the order of the Church. He died refreshed by the sacraments and kissed by God
The theologian Joseph Bertolo of Mompellato, in those years the pastor of St. Ambrose, he left a writing dated February 26, 1800, in which he recounts the miraculous event of the Lower Hill. 
The literal text of the Bertolo reads as follows: 
 
"Pluribus vicibus mihi teenagers Laurentius Nicol handsfree sequentia memoravit sibi accidisse: Anno Domini 1713 - XVIII die Augusti domui meae reverentes ligno honustus excised, in Lower super glues dicto me caecidi, et unum crur meum confractum east. Null Auxilio Fretus to Beatam Virginem Mariam confugi, eodemque tempore mihi apparuit ipsa B. Virgo Maria, quae me immediately SANAVIT. 
Iusequenti 1714 XX true die Augusti eodem site ut antea memoravi accidit mihi, et mihi denuo apparens Blessed Virgo me SANAVIT suadens ut mihi in eodem site sacellum construerem, quod incepi following day. 
S. Ambrosii, XXVI Februarii 1800s. 
Th Ioseph Bertolo praep. "
Courtesy of John VISETTI 
g.visetti @ valdellatorre.it
 
http://www.valdellatorre.it/storia/santuario/ 

Shrines

Resources

Additional information